Mayfaire 2014 ren fest photos

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Consul

I went to a not-so-nearby renaissance festival, called Mayfaire, this past Saturday, and I took a bunch of pictures. So far, I've processed 28 of what I feel are the best ones.

It was a bright, beautiful, sunny day, which is wonderful weather for an outdoor festival, but terrible weather for photography. Nevertheless, I think I did pretty good, considering the lighting was working against me.

Here's the set: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmlandrum/sets/72157644832926295/

This was also the big test of my new Tamron 28-75mm lens. It's a pretty good lens, perfect for walk-around photography like this.

Thank you!

My focus is always on the costumers and performers. My goal is to get some of them to actually respond to my emails in the hopes I can do photo shoots with them in more controlled environs, but so far, no dice.

I shoot raw with my Canon T4i, a camera I wouldn't have bought if I'd known I would be more into photography instead of video. It does a decent enough job, I suppose.

I went back and recropped a number of photos to square format. I've been processing some more, and I'm taking them all to square format. I think I might have found a style that I really like. I might have to shoot with that style in mind in the future.

Anyway, I uploaded a few more to the same set if anyone's interested.

Back