Melcor 1731 PCBs.. Where we left off....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone ordered the mill max pins? I'm just wondering if the part number mentioned is fitting the melcor holes.

The pins that can be used for the 2520/990-esque DOAs can be had from Mil-Max:

Mil Max 0344-219013427100 Gold PCB Pins and matching sockets.

Not too sure if they will fit the holes on the 1731 pcbs from Jay??
Will be checking that soon as I got a load to build! :)

sorry to be so lazy...
:oops: just have seen a bit too much studio in the last 2 weeks... :roll:

BUT, does someone already post the shoppinglist for melcorstuffing?
plz the link or the list,

thanks, the drumtrackdoctor@midasstudios :thumb: :sam:

tdB

shop at mouser, they had everything including the milmax pins...

Solid State
-----------

4 x BC550
2 x BC560
1 x BD135/237
1 x BD136/238

3 x 1N4148

Resistors
---------

1 x 130K
1 x 91
2 x 39.2K
1 x 2K
1 x 5.6K
2 x 120
1 x 360
1 x 18K
2 x 8.2
2 x 10

Capacitors
----------

1 x 1000pf polystrene or ceramic
2 x 10pf ceramic COG or NPO
2 x 0.1uf ceramic COG or NPO

Just wanted to post a quick update on the PCBs.. Been extremely busy this week putting up new DIY walls in my kitchen! :mad: There's about 4 of you who I havent had a chance to send PCBs out yet.. I'll have everything in the mail after the holiday weekend.. Sorry for the delay.. For those of you who still want Melcor PCBs, I still have some left.. Just frop me a PM..

Thanks!

-Jay

did anyone order those milmax pins from mouser posted earlier in the thread? I placed an order using that part number and received only sockets, no pins. When I called mouser to ask about pins, they thought I had three heads. Looking at the part, I got the impression that it was supposed to have come with pins...

Anyone know the deal?

If pins are a seperate part, does anyone which work with those sockets?

thanks

dave

Just want to make sure I'm getting the right capacitors... what on Mouser works for the .1uf? I looked up .1uf ceramic C0G and NPO and all that came up had a huge minimum order or cost more than $5 each. Is that right? For the other two I was going to use Mouser part nos 581-12061A100J and 581-06031C102JAT2A (I figured 100V would be safe, but I really have no idea about capacitors). Would those work?

Finding an NP0 or COG 0.1 uf cap is pretty difficult. I think you'd be fine with an X7R or similar ceramic cap in this instance.
Tom

[quote author="hodad"]...I think you'd be fine with an X7R or similar ceramic cap in this instance...[/quote]Yep. Don't use the COGs here. Use X7Rs. The .1uF caps are for filtering noise from the power supply - they are not in the signal path, so they are less critical. You might be able to fit some small film caps in there if you want.

BTW, if you want to pay for 0.1uF C0Gs, Digi-Key has them in quantities of 10 for ~$0.88ea ($8.78 total). The DK part number is 490-1767-1-ND.

I found the pins (1mm hole diameter, 10.5mm lenght) from farnell..
order code: 147-892 sold in 1000pcs pack only! 35.38Euros

but i still can't find any socket.. any idea?

???

PCB sockets ... I've got this on the Project 2 page haven't I ?

The knurled version is
Farnell 149-319

CSD9.LR

oh ! there is that picture problem again :sad:

there is also a second version ... without the knurled bit ... and a third in plain

Tin, knurled 149-318
Gold, knurled 149-319
Gold, plain 150-501

made by Harwin, I think.

oh..
thank you very much Kev..
i've browsed my pair of farnell catalogues several times without seeing them..
now..
why the put the pins on the 1st catalogue at page 397 and the sockets on the 2nd one at page 353 ???
pretty weird :green:

Those pins ,
Farnell 147-892 and sold in 1000pcs pack only.

page 766 and book 1 for me

Have you got any of these ??
I haven't been game to buy as it is so many and not cheap if it is all wrong.

If they are good then I'm fine to buy and will probably give them away when I sell Project 2 PCBs and gain blocks and sockets .... all as a package.

So far I have used pins from male DB to RJ45 connectors. We used these to make a pad, mono, joiner thingy ... long story ... but I saved all the pins just in case.

I have a silly question..
i can get those BD237 and 238 in both TO-220 and TO-126 package.
TO-126 are cheaper, manufacturer unknown
TO-220 are cheap from ON and almost double priced if from ST
What should i get??
:roll:

Back