mercenary audio is no more?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

can anyone confirm this quote?

After 24 years Mercenary Audio is closed. Thank you to all our loyal customers and friends we made over the years. Goodnight and good luck from the Mercenary technical staff.

showed up in my news feed this evening.

It sounded like it was coming.  It changed hands awhile back, and there are pages of terrible customer service reports at GS, lots of people feeling scammed.  Manufacturers not getting paid either.  Used to be a great dealer. 

emrr said:
It sounded like it was coming.  It changed hands awhile back, and there are pages of terrible customer service reports at GS, lots of people feeling scammed.  Manufacturers not getting paid either.  Used to be a great dealer.

From my under standing started to go down hill once fletcher left. I know some manufactures who too their bills with mercenary public. It's a shame, long gone are the days of the shit on a stick sculpture at AES.

Fletcher was Mercenary.  His missus did not know how to parlay the "goodwill" into a sustainable business.  So many new equipment dealers these days.  Fletch knew where the good old stuff was and how to get it cheap.

He will probably be at the Telefunken booth this fall if he got the INTERPOL stuff cleared-up.
Mike

I spent some time last night reading EveAnna's post on Facebook.
From a professional point of view I'm not sure she did the right thing.

interpol?

as far as eveanna goes I know she gets a bad rap around here for various reasons but I don't fault her one bit and I don't think what she did caused the company to go under.

pucho812 said:
interpol?

as far as eveanna goes I know she gets a bad rap around here for various reasons but I don't fault her one bit and I don't think what she did caused the company to go under.

I have nothing against her or her products.

I just found the post a bit bold. She could have just let the people know about her disappointment without posting outstanding invoices.
That's just my opinion anyway. Personally, I wouldn't do it.

I understand. I also understand her point of view on the matter. She didn't do it right away,  and gave them more them plenty of time to correct the situation. There are also a few other names on that list. One I happen to know personally as we met at a party once. 

If it were me, I would do it but would take a long time for me to get to that point.

warpie said:
I have nothing against her or her products.

I just found the post a bit bold. She could have just let the people know about her disappointment without posting outstanding invoices.
That's just my opinion anyway. Personally, I wouldn't do it.

Bold is her style, and I applaud. 
Best,
Bruno2000

I went on FB to find EveAnna's post some of you are referring to, but I can't seem to find it. Went on Mercenary's page, Manley page, even EveAnna personal...
Could someone point me to this post please..
:)

I guess the message is pay your bills. But it also sounds like these people went the extra route of totally ducking Ms. Manley. Who like myself and darn it all of us is not in the interest free loan biz!

She is very much like Fletcher was when he ran Mercenary heck he was Mercenary. I am an opinionated guy dagblamit. So was Fletcher when he had his company. If you noticed he has calmed a little now that he represents others interests.

I really don't have a problem with what EveAnna did for what thats worth. But it does make me once again feel very strongly about FACEPLACE and the fact that it is an open expanse were things get aired out without any policing.

That said yes it is sad that a company that was once as devoted to the good fight as Mercenary was is now defunct. But it was on its way shortly after Fletcher gave up his interest for personal reasons. You need a personality like Fletcher, EveAnna and the late David Manley to pull off what these companies have over the years. It takes BALLS! And a real moral compass to want to do right but in your own way.

Let's be clear on what EveAnna did - she saved a bunch of people from sending money to an ailing company and never getting what they paid for.  She took heat for the sake of others, it wasn't about getting her money, it was about highlighting what Mercenary were doing/not doing.

Back