mic pre for recording over 20khz

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember these are omni mics ,but if you want to capture any incidentals nature or environmental factors  throw at you on top
of the music ,your heading in the right direction .  Ive have some of the Bruel&Kjaer components previously mentioned and have tried the 1/2 and 1 inch capsules with cathode follower tube based preamp 1950's technology  ,you sometimes do see B&K studio omni mics from late 80-90 era 4000 series  ,if you can get one at an agreeable price they are a great mic ,super resistant to moisture and  the  evrironmentals  that condenser mics are normally susceptable to, runs off P48 ,and can be adapted with the use of special accesories for almost any acoustic or environmental  requirement .

Attachments

• B&K.jpeg
    B&K.jpeg
    10.1 KB
friend of mine uses 4006 for foley recordings, pretty amazing mic!

this is getting pretty hairy.... even if i sort out the mic and the preamp for 100 khz
then the AD is another problem. only unit i found is RME can do 100Khz at 392 khz sample rate.

is there a DAW or a software to convert 784 khz to 96khz some octaves down...

kambo said:
friend of mine uses 4006 for foley recordings, pretty amazing mic!

this is getting pretty hairy.... even if i sort out the mic and the preamp for 100 khz
then the AD is another problem. only unit i found is RME can do 100Khz at 392 khz sample rate.

is there a DAW or a software to convert 784 khz to 96khz some octaves down...
More is always better but spending for more than you need isn't.

JR 

JohnRoberts said:
More is always better but spending for more than you need isn't.

JR

no idea what the recordings would sound like once they are pitched down...
i am gonna build  $5 INA217 micpre amp, that should do the trick for over 20 khz recordings.

downloaded some bat sounds, not so impressed with their mating sound  ;D

Back