Minimoog DIY projects

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterc

Hi all

2 DIY projects on the go right now

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126711

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135211&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Peter

I've been keeping an eye on both of these.

The French chap's project looks more interesting to me, but the group buys for this kind of thing on Muff Wiggler rarely go smoothly; the TTSH project is the obvious example. Old Crow seems to have a better handle on the business side of things.

Either way, a DIY Minimoog would be great!

Been there, done that - and learned a lot from it: My very-first step into electronics was building myself a minimoog back in 1981-83. Our local library sourced the service manual, and away we go.....

Jakob E.

Yea Rob,
The MFOS projects are great. You can self etch everything. Watch out though, I thought that mics, preamps, compressors, eqs, were a never ending project until I started building a modular. Suddenly every diy module project seems very necessary and you're building multiple copies of everything so you can use them with quadrature lfo's to make all your music spiral into a bottomless pit along with all your time and money.
DO IT!

gato said:
Yea Rob,
The MFOS projects are great. You can self etch everything. Watch out though, I thought that mics, preamps, compressors, eqs, were a never ending project until I started building a modular. Suddenly every diy module project seems very necessary and you're building multiple copies of everything so you can use them with quadrature lfo's to make all your music spiral into a bottomless pit along with all your time and money.
DO IT!

I was looking at the Ultimate & Ultimate expander.  Thing is I'm not a keyboard player & listen mostly to music recorded with microphones, so I'm trying to convince myself that I really need the thing.....

Back