More laughingly overpriced cables

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
warpie said:
I wonder how such companies stay in business. Do they actually sell anything?
I thought the AK-DL1 cable was hilarious. It was a $499 Ethernet cable put out by a Real And Established company, so they didn't have to rely on cable sales to survive. There seemed to be no reason for the company to put out such a "high-end" product other than "we can."

Regrettably,  amazon.com finally deleted the product and reviews after over 10 years (I can't figure out why, they don't do that with books), but I did find it at the .uk site:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Denon-AKDL1-Dedicated-Discontinued-Manufacturer-Blue/dp/B000I1X6PM

Ohh, the famous DENON AK-DL1 Ethernet cable, a worldwide known celebrity of the audiophool business!
This is probably one of the fastest Ethernet cable in the known universe, especially for audio applications.

Here are some comments of satisfied customers:

Matt Sidor:"Great cable, but too fast.
23 June 2008 - Published on Amazon.com
Transmission of music data at rates faster than the speed of light seemed convenient, until I realized I was hearing the music before I actually wanted to play it. Apparently Denon forgot how accustomed most of us are to unidirectional time and the general laws of physics. I tried to get used to this effect but hearing songs play before I even realized I was in the mood for them just really screwed up my preconceptions of choice and free will. I'm still having a major existential hangover.

Would not purchase again."

George Takei 3.0 out of 5 stars Rift in the time-space continuum
15 May 2013 - Published on Amazon.com

"The minute I plugged this cable in, I knew something was amiss. The first evidence? The small wormhole that appeared in our living room, right next to our holstein cowhide recliner. Peering into it I could discern the snarling face of a Ferengi, likely somewhere out in the Gamma quadrant.

Then things got really hairy. Brad shouted from the kitchen that he was detecting elevated tachyon levels from our Vita-Mix, so we immediately diverted power to our forward Romco Rotisserie array. Set it and forget it, indeed.

Still no go. The wormhole continued to grow. So I did what anyone in this rather awkward situation would. I recalibrated our George Foreman Grill (about 10 picometers), ejected the warp core from our Dyson Ball Vac, and unplugged all the Magic Jacks in the house. Bingo. No more worm hole.

I guess what I'm saying is that you can use this cable, but only if you have substantial Star Fleet training."

Its such pitty that Amazon deleted the original product page! :'( The only real issue with this cable? It was to cheap! Real audiophools do not trust interconnect cabel under 1000$ per meter!

Re: Gustav link

"He also talks about trying different solders on the terminations, admitting that “we have tried numerous mixes and diverse percentages of silver in the solder but at the end of our testing and development we chose a solder with no silver whatsoever (no lead either).”

Anyone know what magic alchemy of metals they're using? I almost impulse bought a $160 pound of 7% silver solder yesterday, but decided the beer was talking, and waited a day. :)  Went with an MG chemicals standard formula with an equally standard pricepoint.

I use 2% silver solder when using silver plated wire or silver plated switch contacts. I used to use it on PCB's but I found it didn't flow as well on multilayer boards as 63/37. I use eutectic for most things now. It's a lot less expensive too.

rock soderstrom said:
Ohh, the famous DENON AK-DL1 Ethernet cable, a worldwide known celebrity of the audiophool business!
This is probably one of the fastest Ethernet cable in the known universe, especially for audio applications.

Here are some comments of satisfied customers:

Matt Sidor:"Great cable, but too fast.
23 June 2008 - Published on Amazon.com
Transmission of music data at rates faster than the speed of light seemed convenient, until I realized I was hearing the music before I actually wanted to play it. Apparently Denon forgot how accustomed most of us are to unidirectional time and the general laws of physics. I tried to get used to this effect but hearing songs play before I even realized I was in the mood for them just really screwed up my preconceptions of choice and free will. I'm still having a major existential hangover.

Would not purchase again."

George Takei 3.0 out of 5 stars Rift in the time-space continuum
15 May 2013 - Published on Amazon.com

"The minute I plugged this cable in, I knew something was amiss. The first evidence? The small wormhole that appeared in our living room, right next to our holstein cowhide recliner. Peering into it I could discern the snarling face of a Ferengi, likely somewhere out in the Gamma quadrant.

Then things got really hairy. Brad shouted from the kitchen that he was detecting elevated tachyon levels from our Vita-Mix, so we immediately diverted power to our forward Romco Rotisserie array. Set it and forget it, indeed.

Still no go. The wormhole continued to grow. So I did what anyone in this rather awkward situation would. I recalibrated our George Foreman Grill (about 10 picometers), ejected the warp core from our Dyson Ball Vac, and unplugged all the Magic Jacks in the house. Bingo. No more worm hole.

I guess what I'm saying is that you can use this cable, but only if you have substantial Star Fleet training."

Its such pitty that Amazon deleted the original product page! :'( The only real issue with this cable? It was to cheap! Real audiophools do not trust interconnect cabel under 1000$ per meter!
Omg...hilarious!!!!!! Should be published in a book!!!

Latest posts

Back