Motorola HS820 Buetooth Power Connector

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arlingtron

Hi, I have a Motorola HS820 Bluetooth earpiece which I want to disassemble and repurpose.

My question is about the 6 Volt power connector. It has three pins, and with it disconnected I measure 6 Volts on one pin and 0 Volts on the other two.
I read from the manual that the device cant be used when charging. Does one of the 3 pins inhibit use when charging?

I'm asking because Id like to hardwire the 6 Volt charger with only 2 wires but don't know how to tell which of the extra 2 pins that connect to ground should Not be used.

thanks

As soon as power is applied to the earpiece, the charging chip detects the power is present and powers the earpiece off to allow the battery to charge in a controlled manner.
It cannot be changed and has nothing to do with the power connector.

Ok, found it odd there are 3 pins from the wall wart when a trace on the board could have done that function, right?
If I leave the 3 pin connector permanently connected and add a toggle switch, to the 12 Volt wire, keeping it closed when charging and open the switch when using the device will this allow it to operate correctly?

thanks for your response, but I still don't understand why the 3 pinned connector?

Last edited:
Thanks.
Why are there are 3 cable pins rather than interconnecting gnd to 2 nodes on the pcb?
Could it be that there is a resistor or other component in in cable end of the connector (not just 2 interconnected gnd pins)? See image of connector, a clue I see is it looks like +6V is intended to "make" first since its the longest contact.ksnip_20220615-105752.png

Last edited:
Back