Musk of Borg

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

So he thinks his brain implants are so smart , why isnt he voulenteering to have himself implanted first ,
no of course not , instead he'll utilise people with debilatating conditions as his test subjects , then sell on the tech to those rich and stupid enough to trust it .

We only have to look at what the so called smart phone has done to the human attention span to realise how this ends up .

Musk of Borg.png

The Washington Post is funny. When I looked at that article, there was an ad "Tech isn't your friend, we are"...

40 year anniversary , pure co-incidence ?

So Musk claims he can detect nerve impulses from the brainstem and translate that into commands for external devices , but surely its full duplex , he can also transmit the very same impulses or thoughts ,captured from the individual , at drill sargent volume ,until you comply ,

Attempts to connect electrically to animal nural pathways arent new , they say you can make a frogs leg jump by applying an electrical stimulus to the nerves ,
Cochlear implants are a reality for a long time now so in any case the science behind 'input' to a human neural pathway is possible .

Does the implant candidate get an off switch for Musks brain tweek, if they choose to , or are the forever the subject of an experiment ,

You have to be pulling our leg Mr Musk .

What I don't hear mentioned much is, if Ai puts scientific advancements on some new, exponential curve, then so scales the prisoner's dilemma, or security dilemma. If the Groom Lake folks are dreaming up some crazy weapon or technological force multiplier, then so is Kapustin Yar.
For that reason, I'm ok with Elon's mad science. Not because I like the idea of mind-melding with the internet, but because there's no stopping these and other ideas from taking shape. I'd rather see such advancements take place in my home country, developed by an outspoken nerd who is rather predictable in his aspirations, and makes his intentions (and ego) fairly public.

Different kind of six-of-nine:
https://www.stockholmresilience.org...t-for-the-first-time-six-of-nine-crossed.html

Last edited:
Musk appears to have a solid moral compass but he is not the only one pursuing this technology.

Does anyone expect bad actors (like our enemies) to have good intentions?

JR

I think the internet and social media already forms its own very dangerous AI organism ,
even without the brainstem implant , the smart phone is a way of beaming directly into the human conciousness , changing the way we think , its like the new keeping up with the Jones's , made to maximise targeted advertising ,
Manipulating and changing the course of elections is the game internet media companies are playing now .

Interesting segment in news media here this morning , about cloud storage ,
the world is wasting more and more energy storing and making available vast amounts of data ,
where an old fashioned hard drive stored on a shelf at home covers most peoples needs perfectly ,
and only needs powering when the data is retrieved .

I have resisted cloud storage as best I can , modern spinning hard drives can provide many Tb with reasonably fast access at very low cost .
Of course the moment we interact with the net our data is stored in the cloud ,

Musk appears to have a solid moral compass
Sexually harrasses SpaceX employees, including trying to buy favors with a horse
Lets the nazis back on Twitter while banning journalists he doesn't like
Being investigated by the EU for spreading misinformation
Has endorsed antisemitic posts and Pizzagate
Ignores his children
Accuses rescuer of children from cave of pedophilia because he got there before him
Kills all of Neuralink's test monkeys
Ousted Tesla founders and takes credit for their work
Sued by Tesla shareholders for lying about funding
Union busting
Causes strikes in Europe
Tells production line they'll have to sleep on the floor
Bilks Tesla customers for repairs
Blocks Ukraine from Starlink

He appears to have solid what now?

Sexually harrasses SpaceX employees, including trying to buy favors with a horse
Lets the nazis back on Twitter while banning journalists he doesn't like
Being investigated by the EU for spreading misinformation
Has endorsed antisemitic posts and Pizzagate
Ignores his children
Accuses rescuer of children from cave of pedophilia because he got there before him
Kills all of Neuralink's test monkeys
Ousted Tesla founders and takes credit for their work
Sued by Tesla shareholders for lying about funding
Union busting
Causes strikes in Europe
Tells production line they'll have to sleep on the floor
Bilks Tesla customers for repairs
Blocks Ukraine from Starlink

He appears to have solid what now?
and he has a target on his back.... slime away.

JR

On the stark contrast in opinions regarding internet celebrities:

Social media conglomerates have made an economy out of our confirmation bias. In action, it means we each demonstrate our brand (dis)/loyalties by 'teaching' outgroups about the extent of their ignorance. Certainty appears to be, in many ways, the strongest indicator of capture.

This is why we try to prove others wrong, or inject uncertainty in the minds of our opponents by repeating solutions that align with our belief.
When we manage to persuade or win an argument, we make the fear of our own capture less plausible.

Of course the irony is not lost on me; I am also putting forward a point of view that I want my opponents to consider. :)
All I know about Elon is what the internet has served up to compliment my bias, and nothing more.
We're all ships, caught in an endless storm of subsidized posturing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back