NAMM 2022 aftermath

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

For those who I got to see, was great to see you guys. If I missed you, sorry about that. If we didn't get to chat as much one would like, I apologize for that too.
If you had some of namm bottles, I hope you enjoyed it. If you want to stop by the studio, of course feel free to reach out and say hello, can easily arrange a time for that.
Was an interesting one this year. Less crowded but definitely better quality of crowd. You could actually walk through a hall without any real walking traffic jams or anything in the way. Due to obligations and dealings, I ended up spending a lot of time tied at a booth but did not have the exhibitor badge which was interesting. When I was walking out with a gear purchase that Sunday, the security did not bother to check the release forms. I did meet and chat briefly with some of you in the flesh like tim cambell and jakob erland. there were a couple of interesting things some of which we need for the studio. For example, chatted with THD about their tangerine automation system and a possible retrofit for uptown automation which we currently have on our desk. other interesting show items were some new mics based around old design ideas, tier 2 level of the clones(670/660 using a tbar mod for every 6386, the motown eq, and others) as all the level 1 clones(1176,ssl vca buss compressor, la2a, api312, etc) have been done extensively, and of course those few and far between original ideas that really stand out(gyraf and atomic instrument comes to mind). Sunday the last day was probably the quietest I have ever seen a namm. All in All a good show with more quality folks then in the past where it was quantity.

Agree that it was an interesting one this year. Much lower density, but at the same time a better ratio of clients to drummers

Pic: My local source :) and my distributor Frank - just learned he used to be tech at AIR's studio facility on Montserrat (!) - kinda the coolest job ever in my book..

Best new things I saw was probably the barinworx/izotope cooperation for software (do we finally have an alliance that'll be able to handle the Gyraf range?), and for hardware the #GCAudio modular preamp (I'm trying to persuade their tech Guillaume Chauvet to add a cartridge containing half a G9 to their offerings)

/Jakob E.

Attachments

• namm2022.JPG
    namm2022.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back