need a session bass player, this is the guy right here.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

(the ad on craigslist)
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/muc/3811260163.html

(and in case the ad is gone here is a repost)

Half Assed Bassist Avilable (Long Beach)
Hi. Overweight middle-aged bassist here who I think would be perfect for Brown-Eyed Mustang. I'm on the downside of middle-aged actually and overweight is putting it nicely. I am also surly, burly and obtuse.

I also disdain original music, preferring to play songs that have always existed. I am proud of the fact that the most current song I play is older than my ex-girlfriend. I play in both tempos, rushed and bored, and play every song at the same volume all the way through. That is to say, loud. I have a professional vintage (i.e. old) bass that I took the strings and soaked them in salt water to get that rustic sound I love so much. I also took a church key to my speakers and cut nasty zig zags in them. This way I can play smoke on the water with fuzz and I don't have to buy those 9 volt batteries anymore.

I don't have a girlfriend but, if I did, I can assure you that she would be insane. I don't have a place to practice either because I live with my mom in her 55-plus retirement community. If they even found out I lived there mom would be kicked out. I do have transportation though, in the form of a 1983 Yugo. As you can imagine, it is very unreliable and will carry my bass but that's about it. I know you are concerned about stage presence and I would never come to the gig straight from cutting grass. Sometimes I need to come directly from my job at the tire store though.

Anyway, please consider my brief resume and I hope to be hearing from you

Latest posts

Back