Need help with Electrodyne module racking

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codered

http://www.twin-x.com/groupdiy/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=10183&pos=-4596
http://www.twin-x.com/groupdiy/displayimage.php?album=475&pos=1

I have an Electrodyne module 710-L which I want to rack.It has a Reichenbach input tranny which I suppose will sound good. One of my friends had a pair racked and they sounded awesome. Neve modules like the 1073 have  a Mic Input,Line Input & Line out .The signal for the mic input goes through the mic amp and then through the line amp and finally output.
  In this case L-10 is mic input ,Line input is terminal E and line out is  terminal 2. However I am unable to understand where to connect terminal 7 which is the switch output.Also there is  1 (mic-amp output) and B (switch input) .Logic tells me mic-amp output needs to be connected to switch input.Is my understanding correct ?Still confused about 7 though

1.From the block diagram it appears that the output is unbalanced .I have a UTC A-37  which is 50:500 transformer.. would this be too much gain ?
2.Im planning to use the existing ALTEC fader as the attenuator

your help is appreciated :)

I am just finishing up racking a pair of these. Strap pins 1 & B and 6 & 7. You will also want to strap K & 10 and L & 9 for proper input impedance. That UTC may be too low of a load for these. I would use a 1:1 or 1:2 output transformer. I used EA1166s from Hairball Audio.

Best,

Ben

plumsolly said:
I am just finishing up racking a pair of these. Strap pins 1 & B and 6 & 7. You will also want to strap K & 10 and L & 9 for proper input impedance. That UTC may be too low of a load for these. I would use a 1:1 or 1:2 output transformer. I used EA1166s from Hairball Audio.
Thanks Ben - really appreciate your reponse .I will look at the EA transformer

Latest posts

Back