Need Pioneer RT-909 service manual

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxwall

RT909_P1.jpg

RT909_1.jpg

RT909_2.jpg

I'm fixing an Pioneer RT-909 Reel to Reel tape deck for a group of youth at a non-profit organization. This is to be used to teach the basics of analog recording to the less fortunate. The deck will be used for a two track mixdown deck. I really need a service manual to get the job done. The deck has some issues , but needs to be setup correctly. If anyone can help me out so I can get this done I would be willing to make a trade for some knobs or whatever. Donations gladly accepted too.

Just need a download-able version in any common document format.
.pdf, word, text rtf etc .... or even a faxed copy.

email : [email protected]
fax # : 408-395-1073

Hey Maxwall

Sent you a mail with the complete schematic for the RT909.
Give me a sign if you received it.
Hope it will help. :grin:

chrissugar

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the quick response.
This will come in handy. I'm also looking for the decks guide on how to set bias electronics and other fine adjustments to dial in the 3 individual tape heads.

I'm looking for a couple of pinch rollers , capstan belt , and head lapping service. I was thinking of : Sprague, Amp or JRF for the head lapping but , any other suggestions would be nice. I have found these already by conducting a online search, but I don't want to buy from a high priced outfit. Trying to keep the cost to a minimum if possible ( DIY ).

Prices I have found so far.....

Terry's rollers - pinch roller rebuild $75.00 for 2
Vintage Electronics - $64.00 for 2 pinch rollers

Lapping Service ~ around $45 per head plus optical alignment, xtra

Capstan Belt - $10.00 for 1

If I can help you with anything let me know.

Just found the operating manual online ... link below for others who may need it.

http://www.dantiques.com/tapedecks/manuals/pioneerrt909/index.htm

Good luck with the Pioneer! I used to lust after that deck (and its smaller counterpart, the RT-701) when browsing the windows of hi-fi shops in the late '70s. It just looked so much sleeker than the other 1/4" consumer decks that were available at the time.

Thanks Dave,

Lust for gear is worse than gambling habit, well almost.

If you were to put arms on the tape deck it would look like something from a 1950's science fiction movie ( alien invaders in tin suits )

Eventhough this is far from Studer it sure has the feel of one. Besides just looking at it makes you want to record something on it. Can't wait to get it going.
This RT-909 was picked up at a thrift store for $20 and brought to me so that I could get it going for these youths who wanted it for their science/sound lab project. I decided to donate my skills and want to teach them how to use it and service it. A lost art today. Everyone is excited about it.

The work seems minimal as it powers up fine, just the normal consumables ( deteriorated rubber on pinch rollers ) seem to need attention.

now, if i can just get lucky with a service manual.......

Latest posts

Back