Neotek Series 1 Theater Module Pinouts and Questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cletus monroe

Hi again!
I posted this a bit ago and no one bit. Since then I put together what I think is a correct pinout list for the NEOTEK SERIES 1 THEATER MODULE based on schematics I aquired for them. This is definitely different from the original series 1 modules and I have not been able to find much info about racking these. After a burnt trimmer and regulator, I got my JLM spitting out the necessary +/- 18v and 48v. Thanks goes out to Joe Malone for providing a darn good power supply and above top notch customer service for a price that makes you feel like we all could "...just get along."!

1. Still trying to figure out if I need to jumper any connections on the pcbs. I have my Neotek's fired up being fed 18v from a JLM ac/dc. The "ON" led lights up and I get sound, it is just really, really low and distorted. I'm taking the audio output (hot) off of pin 42 and grounding it pin 38. I jumpered pins 43 and 44 together for the fadin in and out. All gounds listed are straped together and meet at a star point to chasis. All audio in and out grounds also go to star ground. I noticed some people bending there connector pins together and soldering them. I just ran some wire between them. I thought it looked cleaner and was less harmfull to the pres. Did not strap the +18v pins together since they connect on the pcb. Same for the -18v pins. Only connected from the ac/dc to one of each.

3. On my schematic, the pinouts are different than the one's Murdox posted for the standard series 1's. Below is a list of what I believe to be the correct pinouts for these particular modules. Can anyone help confirm that my list is correct. It's what I'm using for my connections and it ain't workin'.

pin 1 48v
pin 2 buss a
pin 3 buss b
pin 4 buss c
pin 5 buss d
pin 6-10 N/C
pin 11 +18
pin 12 +18
pin 13 -18
pin 14 -18
pin 15 ground
pin 16 ground
pin 17 mic B in +
pin 18 mic b in -
pin 19 mic a in +
pin 20 mic a in -
pin 21 line in +
pin 22 line in -
pin 23-34 buss 1-12
pin 35 ground
pin 36 solo audio
pin 37 solo logic
pin 38 ground
pin 39 return
pin 40 send
pin 41 N/C
pin 42 Direct out
pin 43 fader in
pin 44 fader out

I've included a couple of pics, one of my units, and the other with a pic of the mysterious jumped connection for reference. Any other help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Cletus

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/cletusmonroe/card2.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/cletusmonroe/NeotekSeries1Pres.jpg

Rob, you are awesome. Jumpered the send and return (novel idea ehh :) )
and it WORKS. Thank you for that info. It seemed as though they were connected on the pcb, obviously I was wrong. It also seems that my pinouts are correct. Now we have the info for any of us who want to get some of these rockin'! Rob, again, thanks for the post. It was the difference between them working and not.
Cletus

Latest posts

Back