never thought I'd see the day...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funny how he was all against digital until he had a hand in it .... I am not shit talking so much as just pointing out the obvious. I wonder what the actual pono specs are?

If it is really an awesome "tool that converts digital audio files into analog-sounding recordings", he'll make a fortune.
I was listening to compressed stuff on youtube yesterday and lord it sounds terrible.
Unless it only works on 24/96 which was what I had heard his format would be.

"tool that converts digital audio files into analog-sounding recordings"

DAC?  ;D

Autophase said:
"if you can feel it you can hear it" some one should shoot his daughter.

well one could argue that  the inaudible notes effects audible content. For example do a boost on a  30K shelf. Yeah you won't hear it but it does change the recording and does boost audible frequencies

pucho812 said:
funny how he was all against digital until he had a hand in it .... I am not sh*t talking so much as just pointing out the obvious. I wonder what the actual pono specs are?

He's been a proponent of high sample rate digital for a very long time.

I believe he's looking at 24 / 384kHz delivery maximum.

Regards,
Mark

Mark is correct, he's been talking about this for a long, long time. Look at it this way, he's not a big fan of digital, but someone needs to do it better...

Back