New 1176 Rev D Front Panel Design

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braeden

I'm currently building a (dual) 1176 Rev D, The faceplate I previously ordered looks a bit 'childish', so I came up with this design in Illustrator. I'm thinking about using the 1/4" knobs from Classic API (that is what I have currently modelled in Illustrator anyway), the VU meter isn't finished obviously, but the meters I am using are from Hairball and are of the 8020 variety.

Comments? suggestions?

(To people that may look at this topic down the track - word of warning, I started out with correct measurements for drilling etc. from my original Front Panel but a lot has changed and it will take some adaption/measuring to use this properly)

Attachments

• 1176fp-3.png
    1176fp-3.png
    112.3 KB
usually running along one side to minimize the proximity to Audio , usually the right hand side
if you use it in a rack and turn everything on at once , power in the back is fine , if you use
it in a rack by itself , power in the front may be preferred

Hi braeden,
                  That looks great !!!  I've done a few of my own design in Illustrator, some came out ok , a few came out great ( imo )  LOL    ,    but its all together an art in its self , I like your layout and just started stuffing a couple Rev D's my self - would welcome this if you care to share.

Thanks,
              Chip

Hey audiophreak,
I'd love to share my designs with the community but I'm a little hesitant about giving out designs that I haven't tried.
I think I'll measure it up a few more times and create a .fpd (Front Panel Express) for the community with a warning that it may have errors.

And yeah, it is definitely an art (albeit; time consuming), I have seen some great panels around, Igor (I.J. Research) has made some nice ones along with the silent-arts stuff.

If enough people were interested I guess I could design a few more things for GroupDIY ;-)

Thanks!

(Also, in regards to the power switch, the reason for removing it in the first place was because I didn't want my AC wiring running in such close proximity to my audio paths)

Thanks !!  I prefer Illustrator files and I've used Chae at Prodigy Engineering to Laser engrave them ( plus I can tweek them ).  I just finished a dual 1176 Rev.J and ended up putting a master power switch on the back as I used the push buttons from Hair Ball for the meter and powering the individual units, but my internal layout was too congested imo to run mains power to the front through all the signal cabling, but with the Rev.D's and all rotary switching,and a different internal layout I dont think it would be a problem with the mains power switch in the center between the meters slightly above center and the link/dual switch moved slightly below center in your panel layout.

here's a link to the pics

https://picasaweb.google.com/audiophreeek/DualMnats1176LN?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Back