New mixing table

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
studio xchange lists it at about £14000 (GBP) inc. VAT, which makes it the cheapest '500 series' console that I know of...

fairly ugly though :D

pmi audio group, purchased trident lock stock and barrel from Malcom. They have also purchased tonelux in a similar manor.

So this is malcom getting back in the ring for another swing. I suspect it's an 80B under the hood in terms of everything else none 500 series.

Is it just me being a turd, or is the fit and finish of this console...uninspiring? I get that the blank plates are just there until something fills them, but they could be a better fit against eachother.

actually, my understanding is that these modules were his own designs from the MTA series consoles. I could be wrong, but I'm sure I read that on that site, or another, and it makes perfect sense because the A-Range, 80b, and 82 series are currently in production

I think the console itself looks nice, and is a great idea. Something I would consider if I had lots of 500 series stuff and was looking for a console.

gemini86 said:
Is it just me being a turd, or is the fit and finish of this console...uninspiring? I get that the blank plates are just there until something fills them, but they could be a better fit against eachother.

I thought the meterbridge looked especially clunky. Great if it was a DIY effort :D

and ground sensing balanced outputs with high current drive
Is it what Douglas Self describe as ground cancelling outputs ?

balfig5a.gif

kpearsall said:
actually, my understanding is that these modules were his own designs from the MTA series consoles. I could be wrong, but I'm sure I read that on that site, or another, and it makes perfect sense because the A-Range, 80b, and 82 series are currently in production

The MTA consoles were  little variations on the 80B theme.

I love the phrase 'mixing table'    ;D ;D  Sounds like something my mum would say.

Nice concept whose time must surely be coming to the mainstream .. soon ..

I would just love to see Jeff's  Classic API of Illinois 500 Series Mixing Table hit the shop floor right now :)

The CAPI take on the thing, including those wonderful 'missing link' modules must surely lead the pack.
And with his merciful pricing history, it could just be doable .. over the long haul  ...

.. in the sub 'Sir Paul McCartney'  .. price range.

Well I take issue with the first line of their promo copy. Exhibit A:

http://www.inwardconnections.com/tree500.htm

I saw these at an AES show at least 4 years back. I also believe there is another manufacturer of something similar but I can't remember what it is. The little grey cells fail me!

Now if this is truly available or not I don't know.

surely API lay claim to the first 500-series console? The 1608.... I'm sure if you buy one of their larger consoles, they'll give you as many 500 series buckets as you want.

I remember the tree audio costing something like $50000  :eek:

Back