new release - Sam Moss "Blues Approved"

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emrr

Released today on all platforms. This one’s adjacent, I didn’t really work on this aside from having a source tape for it. I played with the guy for years up until his death. He was in a lot of different bands over 4 decades, but never had anything released, this is mostly his originals, and he’s playing and singing most everything except the drums which is Mitch Easter, who was also an early bandmate. Bulk is 1977, with some 1989-93 filling it out, plus the 1968 rehearsal track I had. His guitar store was a definite centerpiece of the Winston-Salem music scene for decades. As Mitch Easter said, he was strangely unconcerned with fame. Early on he traded guitars with Duane Allman and Billy Gibbons, hung out with the MC5, shook Jimi Hendrix hand, and financed the opening of his store by selling the “Moss Burst”, considered one of the finest examples of a Les Paul Burst, seen on the cover of at least one book about Les Pauls. RIP and enjoy….

Someone just spotted this - the guitar from the cover! His stickers on the case!

Doug, I'm seriously looking forward to digging into this. Thank you for sharing.

Guys like this and Chris Bell always fascinate me.

And let me just add: "Support Southern Music"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back