Not great at diy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry, I've made an error in haste hoping to get an answer about my boiler issue.

Please accept my sincere apologies for my mishap.

I'll delete my account right away.

Might be a genuine home DIY'er who lost his way with a boiler issue. :ROFLMAO: Funnily enough I work for a house surveyor's firm in the UK, am a qualified energy assessor and might just offer this advice for a DIY'er messing with a boiler:

If you smell gas, open the windows and head out for a bit.

Might be a genuine home DIY'er who lost his way with a boiler issue. :ROFLMAO: Funnily enough I work for a house surveyor's firm in the UK, am a qualified energy assessor and might just offer this advice for a DIY'er messing with a boiler:

If you smell gas, open the windows and head out for a bit.
I'm think the same. He thought it was home DIY stuff and found out it wasn't.

But on the topic of new signups, in the last months there seem to have been more new signups than I have seen in quite a while, so hopefully the mods are keeping an eye out.

I always look at broken things as broken, so you have nothing to lose to fix it...
Hi.

Well...

While generally that is IMHO absolutely correct line of thought, with things like boilers and other pressure vessels (assuming OP was talking about pressure system boiler), one most certainly has quite a lot (/everything if things go really sideways) to lose.
Just like it is with mains voltage in our collective passion ;).

For those who have at least some knowledge about either of those areas of intrest, the pitfalls and possible sources of potential damage are well known and can be avoided, and for those who for some reason do not have the knowledge, any repairs and tinkerings should be left for those who do know.
And have an insurance in case they in reality do not know and number two hits the fan big time ;).

Luckily, internet is filled with video examples about what actually happens when boiler repair (or mains voltage tinkering for that matter) goes wrong, and The Mythbusters -surprise, surprise- among others have demonstrated that on TV.

Regards,
Sam

Latest posts

Back