Focusrite platinum trakmaster upgrade

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A1rstudios

Hi I am new to this group. I have just sold a Soundcraft Ghost as I’m downsizing and purchased an SSL six.
I have two focusrite platinum voice master & Trakmaster I Never really used them but I am now wondering can I make them sound better changing out some caps or opamp swap.
I had originally intended to mod my Ghost channels with the CAL manual which showed improvements with cap and opamp swaps.

I am now wondering can I make them sound better changing out some caps or opamp swap.

I highly doubt that.

If you never really used them it's because you don't need them, or have no needs for them.
Better just sell the units

I remember those were useful and interesting units, but last time I used them was 20 years ago.
I don't know if I would feel the same if I tried them now

I highly doubt that.

If you never really used them it's because you don't need them, or have no needs for them.
Better just sell the units

I remember those were useful and interesting units, but last time I used them was 20 years ago.
I don't know if I would feel the same if I tried them now
I used trakmaster on bass di into the Ghost. I had 32 channels of ghost pre amp so didn’t have much use. Now I want 2 pre’s for extra input on the SSL that don’t have mic pre.
I read somewhere on here that bipolar caps were used on a voice master giving more bottom end to the pre.

Latest posts

Back