not personal security

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SIXTYNINER said:
Happy to know it , Ian ! ;  )

Spain have to work more about ,

but jus as "well" 
(that i suppose you just know)

clean energy can be produced also with synergistic consortia
like this:
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desertec

important is do not waste that precious energy
for roads light up from 23:00 to 5:00 o'clock

only for cats that chase rats …..

as various countries do only because some not much competent  "administrator"
is too much "friend" of energy supplier company (moneys)
and not of those of the citizens….

(try to summ how many KW electric power (an citizens moneys) can be saved
turning off the 60-70% unnecessary road lights )
The transition to LED street lights offer the option to turn them on and off quickly when they sense headlights from oncoming traffic. Current high efficiency lighting systems take too long to warm up and turn on to accommodate energy saving "on demand" use.

AFAIK the energy used to heat (and cool) living spaces is the major energy use area still ripe for improvement (improved insulation). Modern homes are built with better insulation and better windows, but anyone living in an older home (like me), can see energy dollars leaking out the windows and attic.

I am considering replacing my roof (leaks), and one benefit of a tin (?) roof is less heat build up in the summer months, that could reduce my summer cooling bills.

(I can't afford Elon Musk's slick solar roof tiles.).  https://news.energysage.com/tesla-solar-roof-price-vs-solar-panels/  A Musk solar roof would cost more than I paid for my house, but maybe in another century or so they'll be cheap enough.

JR

We have solar panels on our house in north Georgia US.  29 panels, about 2 sq m each.  Max output for each panel is a little over 300W so our array is about 9kW.  In a good month we generate about 800kWh, which is about 60% of our monthly usage.  Our system cost $27k USD to install, but we got a 30% tax credit so about $19k USD out of pocket.
YMMV
Best,
Bruno2000

Back