NTP

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers from Norway.
These Sandar line amps (-6 to +24 dB gain range) each has a single NTP M-100 as the only active component
The "Typical Ratings" for a NTP M-100 opamp says just 6,5 mA current consumption/draw for "no signal" mode.
What will the typical current consumption/draw be in "active" mode, i.e with the full +24 dB line gain?
I wonder if a Kniel linear PSU with +/-15V@500 mA capacity is sufficient to power 8 such line amp cards?

Attachments

• 2023 ISEP-rack med 8 stk. Sandar FL-81b.jpg
    2023 ISEP-rack med 8 stk. Sandar FL-81b.jpg
    679.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Sandar FL-81b #2.jpg
    Sandar FL-81b #2.jpg
    541.3 KB · Views: 2
Cheers from Norway.
These Sandar line amps (-6 to +24 dB gain range) each has a single NTP M-100 as the only active component
The "Typical Ratings" for a NTP M-100 opamp says just 6,5 mA current consumption/draw for "no signal" mode.
What will the typical current consumption/draw be in "active" mode, i.e with the full +24 dB line gain?
Current draw does not vary with gain. It varies with level and load.
For example, outputting +4dBu into 600 ohms results in a current increase of about 3mA.
Outputting continuously +24dBu into 600 ohms would draw 30 mA.

I wonder if a Kniel linear PSU with +/-15V@500 mA capacity is sufficient to power 8 such line amp cards?
It should.

Back