Odd AC power inlet (Collins)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samplebias2

I have this ancient Collins radio limiter that I had restored, it has this 2-prong AC receptacle and the tabs are TALLER than a standard modern AC power cable. This unit is from 1958... I'm at a loss as
to how to acquire an insulated AC cable for it. I'm sure the tech who recapped it had some alligator clips or something. Is anyone familiar with this old configuration and what easily obtainable substitute is around for me to
get?
3Chh5KAh.jpg

that port does look easily removeable... I'm a super novice and very un-confident but I think I may be able to tackle that!

Attachments

• Collins blue inside 3.jpg
    Collins blue inside 3.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 12
I have some spares, but they are easy to find. I have used them for test equipment and commonly for Amex 600 series tape decks and preamps, as well as some of their 400 series decks and preamps. They are easier to source than you think.

I have some spares, but they are easy to find. I have used them for test equipment and commonly for Amex 600 series tape decks and preamps, as well as some of their 400 series decks and preamps. They are easier to source than you think.

Can you recommend a good search term to use to hunt for this kind of cable?

Latest posts

Back