Oh lord….

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you're serious, Ian, but please don't cut those. Just put them in a frame. I'm sure some would pay a reasonable amount for those.

BTW, if you can't tell, I'm serious.

It's marketing at its finest. Anything is worth something and the right marketing will yield the right price.

It's marketing at its finest. Anything is worth something and the right marketing will yield the right price.

My best friend's mother was the accountant at a local tractor and implement dealership back about 20 years ago. They had a big display of straw hats, of the sort that farmers usually wear. They'd been there for several years, but only a few were ever sold. She asked the owner if she could mark the price down from $12 to $5 to get rid of them. He replied, "Put $20 on 'em."

She thought he was crazy, but they were all gone within a few weeks... It seems that potential buyers believed that the hats must be of very high quality if they cost that much.

I saw a sign recently that boiled down to "buy one, pay two". I asked the sales person if it worked. He hadn't even noticed the sign was wrong.

Latest posts

Back