Oh, Ron.........

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hodad

DeSantis having his govt. staff (not his campaign staff) solicit donations from lobbyists representing groups with business before the state of Florida--and doing this as the state's budget awaits potential line-item vetoes from Mr. DeSantis. There's even a special link for them to donate through so that DeSantis can keep track of who has (or hasn't) given in to his blackmail scheme.

Ron DeSantis administration officials solicit campaign cash from lobbyists

I don’t understand people… Is anyone capable of condemning terrible actions of the people in a story FIRST instead of ONLY saying the other side is guilty of such deeds?

People are so numb to all this political crap that all they can do is completely bypass the entire story by just attacking the other side. This is where we are as a society. I’m guilty of it here and there as well I’m sure.

Are Dems any different?
Most Ds and Rs are different.
From the article:
"Generally, political staffers are charged with raising money for political campaigns, and aides on the official side are walled off from those operations.

The legality of the solicitations depends on a series of factors, including whether they were sent on state-owned phones, or if they were sent on state property."

So typically politicians of both parties wouldn't engage in this sort of fundraising, and there's an excellent chance these staffers were violating the law when soliciting these donations.

But as R.E. notes, you're far too obsessed with whataboutism & false equivalencies to be concerned with DeSantis's sleaziness. And that's probably true of most conservatives these days.

"Generally, political staffers are charged with raising money for political campaigns, and aides on the official side are walled off from those operations.

The legality of the solicitations depends on a series of factors, including whether they were sent on state-owned phones, or if they were sent on state property."
Politics is sleazy. Let me know when he's charged.
But as R.E. notes, you're far too obsessed with whataboutism & false equivalencies to be concerned with DeSantis's sleaziness. And that's probably true of most conservatives these days.
If my reply strikes you as obsessed in any way, I'm not sure what to say.

For future reference this is what 'obsessed' looks like.

https://groupdiy.com/search/184277/?q=white+-house&c[users]=hodad&o=relevance

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back