OPAMP recommendation in quad package

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
user 37518 said:
The biggest benefit of using quad, in my opinion, is that you need less +/- Vcc lines and less coupling capacitors than 2 duals.

More decoupling is usually an advantage and just means better stability and actually more routing options that way. In SMD the additional cost of a few more x7r is negligible.

abbey road d enfer said:
Most often I found that quads need more intricate layout, since more things must converge to the same spot. Regarding decoupling caps, I would often double the value for a quad than for a dual.

That is true, however, in my opinion, having a lot of duals VS few quads, the latter is less cumbersome, I guess that to each his own.

user 37518 said:
That is true, however, in my opinion, having a lot of duals VS few quads, the latter is less cumbersome, I guess that to each his own.

I also prefer quads (MC33079 SMD version) for the same reason. Less supply routing-coupling, and also means less components to solder manually by hand, unless of course you have the extra buck for board manufacturing plus assembly, then yeah I suppose a couple more of X7Rs are ineligible  ;D

Back