Our new Neve console !!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice acquisition!

Anyone care to comment on the inspection process that goes into purchasing such a desk? Just curious to see how much you guys get "under the hood" so to speak when considering a purchase this significant.

[quote author="Lindell"]Hey y'all. I just wanna flash the new Neve VX-S console we just bought !!![/quote]

does it make coffee just before you come to the studio? says good mornin love when you arrive?

[quote author="Brian"]Nice acquisition!

Anyone care to comment on the inspection process that goes into purchasing such a desk? Just curious to see how much you guys get "under the hood" so to speak when considering a purchase this significant.[/quote] a Neve tech whent thru the whole console last year... /Lindell

Hmmm... =PEC/Direct panel in the centre section... -You use that?

I'm surprised that they have that on a scoring console... a dubbing console yes, but scoring? -Anyhow, I'm sure it's one o'dem wierd film guy things! :green:

I agree that the Euphonix is tough to work on, and I always expected them to sound like crap, but they actually sounded fantastic!

I'd hate to be the tech that had to rewire it all -4 line inputs, 2 mic inputs, 4 line outputs per channel strip & 48 channels with a bunch of groups/auxes and the optional bussing "Cube".
Been there, done that! :grin:

After Disney pulled out their CS2000 with mix cube and multiple dynamics sections (with custom metering) I ended up wiring it into a mobile truck. In the end it was easier to re-manufacture all of the wiring looms than chop, pull and shorten/extend (as appropriate) the originals.

Not only was it a pain in the butt, it was a cramped pain in the butt, and most couldn't be done as prep work, since the cable had to be pulled in to get the correct length and dressing slack.

A drunken St. Patrick's day to you all!

Keith

way sweet console.
BTW someone commented that this was photoshopped
i beg to differ
AMF if you take the pic with the Lindell standing next to the console and bring into oh... say... graphic converter( BTW:free dload for trial use..30 sec nagware) pshop work similarly
and go to picture > levels it will give you a dialogue box
bring your curser box (in the left image) over to include:
the mans face
the monitor
and the corner of the room
adjust your mid tones (using the middle slider arrow) until you can see:
the mans face clearly
the monitors not too bright and washed out.
and you can see the corner of the room, barely appear ,( the walls are black so you don't wan too much detail there, as there shouldn't be.)
you could also do a hue and saturation adjustment if you wanted to get freaky perfect but most pics can be fixed nicely using the levels adjustment.
after i did this it was a bit strong on the yellows so i would have done a hue adjustment...its also so possible to use the magic wand and select according to color in which case you could dial in your yellows. (cyan magenta yellow and black are your choices unless selecting by color with the wand from the actual pic.

I thought this might help with all the photos getting posted here..and it's something i know a lot about and can offer my nuggets of wisdom. haha
Toobie Snack

Yeah, I think the photoshop comment was a joke. That's definitely an authentic image, though our jealosy wishes it weren't. :)

I've heard it rumored that after the console was up and running, Stephen Tyler and Kermit the Frog stopped by to lay some tracks. :wink:

:wink: No photoshop here, either. :wink:

real_tyler_shot.jpg

[quote author="EmoRiot"]
I've heard it rumored that after the console was up and running, Stephen Tyler and Kermit the Frog stopped by to lay some tracks. :wink:
[/quote] hahaha..... good one..... =))

Latest posts

Back