Output from volume knob on SSL 4056E on patchbay?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGuitarist

Hey,

So i've been making all the DL's for the SSL at the studio i work at (soldering mind you... every... single.... one....) And i'm trying to work out where the output from the knob on the master bus comes out, i can get output from the master buss but not attenuated. I've tried nearly every output, quad busses, stereo busses, LR outputs, i just can't seem to work it out.

If there are any settings on the mix buss itself that need to be selected please let me know. Even if you can just point me towards what it should be coming up as on the patchbay. Unfortunately we do not have the manual for our specific console, and i can't find the information needed in the manuals we have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it helps at all, the last 8 channels were a later addition/modification and they are on the patch at the bottom (before the user ones)

Should be in the row with pre and post VCA inserts. But I don't have the console infront of me at the moment so I am not 100% positive... Should be main out and have the quad outs...  Then there should be one for the mini's

no manual to look up the pinouts?

I don't have a manual in front of me, but my suspicion is that the prefader insert send and returns are NOT on the DL connectors. They appear on the patchbay, usually first points on the LHS of the master in/out bay. There are many things that appear on the master section of the bay that do not go directly to the DL connectors, ie the main outputs only get to the DL via the normalised 2-T input points on the bay, etc

Latest posts

Back