• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Pair of CAPI VP28 preamps fully assembled

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neutrino

These preamps need no introduction. I have too many of them an need to make room for some compressors.
They come with one Gar2520 and one Gar1731 discrete opamp and a Litz wire 2623-1 output transformer each.
Fully assembled and in fully working condition. I used them only a few times.

Asking 1020,- EUR for the pair plus shipping within Europe.

Attachments

• IMG_4891.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4895.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4896.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4899.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4901.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Thanks! I remember that one of the DOA that I built back then was faulty. I replaced it, but apparently it left some trace on those resistors. I will, of course, replace those resistors as well before shipping. Note that both preamps were tested a few days ago and worked flawlessly.

Thanks! I remember that one of the DOA that I built back then was faulty. I replaced it, but apparently it left some trace on those resistors. I will, of course, replace those resistors as well before shipping. Note that both preamps were tested a few days ago and worked flawlessly.
Aren't those the 10 ohm resistors on the mail power rails? One looks broken in 2. Seems like that unit wouldn't work.

Aren't those the 10 ohm resistors on the mail power rails? One looks broken in 2. Seems like that unit wouldn't work.
It's not broken in two. As I said, I will replace those resistors and do another test to make sure everything works properly.

So, I have replaced all four 10 Ohm resistors and did a full functional test. Everything is working properly.

Just for the record: after unsoldering the old resistors I tested them with a DMM and they all read 10 Ohms which explains why the unit was working before as well. In any case, it's better to be safe.
Thanks again, @lukas for pointing this out.

IMG_9433.jpg

Back