Paul Wolff opamp designs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting article.
It looks like a new trend to not include the output buffer in the global feedback loop. The same thing in the recent Borbely article. Curious about the topology of the buffer, just four transistors. Probably a simplified Jung buffer?
In the old Walt Jung article the buffer is inside the feedback loop.

chrissugar

[quote author="chrissugar"]Interesting article.
It looks like a new trend to not include the output buffer in the global feedback loop. The same thing in the recent Borbely article.
chrissugar[/quote]

ohh yes,

most people are slow !!! * :green:

Kind regards

Peter

Curious about the topology of the buffer, just four transistors
Me too! I guessed a simple push-pull stage w/followers. Funny, I breadboarded something like that yesterday, except I used a FET input stage in front of it.

Class AAB? Isn't that just AB2?

*edit* I just realized something--it's probably just a simple current amplifier, like this one!

I just noticed something--the description of the EQ module on the website reads:
The EQ4P is a DISCRETE Parametric Equalizer

But when you look at the image of the PCB, it's filled with IC's...?

Am I missing something?

These are all discrete parts, no?
Ha ha! That's true...

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that a discrete parametric EQ was impossible to build. You can't get a discrete circuit to behave like a GIC. (not counting discrete opamps)

They probably mean their not going to tell you about it. How's that for discrete? :grin:

ju

Back