Paul Wolff sells Tonelux

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsteiger

White Market Member
One of my friends sent this link to me for a thread at GS. Looks as if Paul Wolff has sold off Tonelux to PMI.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-product-alert/477622-pmi-audio-buys-tonelux.html

Here's his post if you don't feel like vistitng that site.

To All my family/customers,

With great excitement, I am happy to announce that Tonelux Designs, Limited has been sold to PMI Audio as of the 15th of March. As President of Tonelux, I have been designing, building and supplying the world with Tonelux products for 5 years, and I have reached a point where Tonelux and it’s family has grown beyond my capabilities to manage properly as a small business. Many of you may not know that I ran this business myself, with the aid of only a couple of assemblers, and the insight of fellow distributors, Gil Griffith, who launched the product line and Brad Lunde who continued representing me over the last couple of years. I give great thanks to them and everyone that has supported me throughout this beginning.

I have known Alan Hyatt, the President and founder of PMI Audio for many years, and we have chatted many times about working together to grow Tonelux, and we finally sat down and had a serious discussion about growing it and came to a mutual conclusion that my talents would be better served designing, inventing and realizing the dream I had of Tonelux, and the leadership, management and ability of Alan’s organization to grow Tonelux in a way that would increase availability, service, customer relations and consistency through his proven ability to run a professional company properly and with the love of the industry that we both share for professional audio. Alan, over the years has proven to everyone that he is a man of his word and has the highest respect for the industry, and does not take his successes lightly. I have found him to be one of the most straight up people I know, an opinion shared by everyone I have spoken with over the years. I doubt you will see much change as far as the message of Tonelux, its design criteria, quality, tone, look, or prices.

What you will see is instant availability, fast service, un-paralleled support and the ability to develop new products faster, many of which I have been promising for months and years. I am really happy with this, and together we both promise to all of you that it will only get better. There may be a small delay with product and we build up inventory and stock both our US and UK warehouses to eliminate the sometimes long lead times with deliveries. I think many of you will now understand why the last month has been a bit slow. We all had a “lot” going on.

I apologize for not informing you sooner, but we wanted to have somewhat of a surprise, as there aren’t many when we get old!

Best regards,
Paul Wolff

Interesting news. Congrats to Paul.  ;)

Cheers, Jeff

These guys are gonna' be busy enough just keeping their business alive. Let him police all he wants. He has absolutely no connection with API. IP rights are not transitive through someone else who used to own them. Case closed.

Alan was somewhat helpful in alerting people to the pitfalls
of chance's TNC  " grp buy "
motivation was suspect though
[ note the question mark of my previous post ,
as in Not nessecarily serious , ha!

good luck to anyone who can survive in this business

Okgb,

I thought Alan wasn't policing at all and was very happy to provide his 2 cents on the TNC group buys, he knew the designs were flawed first hand, he had been offered them from the factory themselves and caution folks on this... and the outcome... people got a bunch of flawed/noisy/hummy, and in some cases non-working units... I guess he wasn't too far off the mark...

I've known Alan for a few years and he has larger than life in attitude, sticks to his guns and is a frugal businessman, he us also a great engineer and VERY genuine person, combine those and you have a recipe for success, as time has shown. Not only has he kept brands alive like Studio Projects, Joe Meek & Toft Audio he is also now doing Valley People and Tonelux, kudos to him for reaching out to them and helping them build better products and get them to market quicker.

PMI is a LARGE audio company they are not a 'boutique builder', but yet Alan has always remained approachable and never lost that personable feel to what they do, they same an be said for his employees like Brent and Justin, in my limited dealing with them.

As I shared in the GS thread, I wish him and Paul the best and can't wait to see what they come up with next.

Cheers

Matt

I talked to Alan at the Musikmesse, and from what I could gather, the buyout will do nothing but good for the customers. Pricing will be more transparent, availability will be improved, and Paul Wolff will be able to concentrate on what he does best, i.e. design stuff while PMI will take care of the business side.

Alan also showed me studio monitors designed by Harvey Gerst.

Nice to hear see Harvey's name
Alan was helpful , but understandly wasn't
going to help Chance , which of course left
some of us stuck with crap , he had answered a
basic email from me but nothing more, and
alerting people to a bad deal
[ with the effect of stopping some of the money flow there, and
possibly freeing it up to other businesses , may have helped him ]

Again unless chance was going to pay Alan for his experience & time
i don't blame him , but it didn't help me

Back