Pendulum Audio Quartet. Plate voltage too high? 6922

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkiijam

I'm getting about 250V on the plates of these tubes (there are 3 in a Quartet). One had a burnt up plate resistor, but the tube seemed fine, although it was worked on by another person before I got it.

Last edited:
The maximum permissible voltage that you measure at the plate also depends on the topology. A 6922 in a SRPP circuit may well have 240V at the upper plate. This also applies to other circuits in which a triode system stands on another triode system.

With a grounded cathode circuit, the maximum plate voltage would be exceeded, thats true.

Is there a schematic?

Last edited:
It was / is working, well after I replaced the resistor. I was just trying to be a good tech and figure out why the resistor burnt.

I have seen 6922’s at 275VDC on the plate in WCF designs and they held up surprisingly well.

I have seen 6922’s at 275VDC on the plate in WCF designs and they held up surprisingly well.
Yes, that is quite possible, as the triodes in WCF only see half B+ voltage each. The maximum Ufk voltage (6922 --> only 120V) is more of a problem here, but this can be compensated with a elevated heater voltage.

Latest posts

Back