Pioneer SX-1050 + Soundcraft 600 switching between speakers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarisElek

Is there a correct/smart way to connect my pioneer receiver with passive speakers to my soundcraft 600 mixing console which is hooked up to powered monitors? I'd like to be able to switch back and forth between the speakers in a session seamlessly. As of now I'm using the headphone jack of the computer to the aux of the pioneer and switching the output of the daw between my interface and the mac's headphone jack. Very clumsy.

Yes, there is a way to connect your Pioneer receiver with passive speakers to your Soundcraft 600 mixing console and switch back and forth between the speakers in a session seamlessly.

One solution is to use a monitor controller, which is a device that allows you to switch between different audio sources and monitor outputs. You would connect the Pioneer receiver to one input of the monitor controller, and the Soundcraft 600 mixing console to another input. The monitor controller would then connect to your powered monitors. This way, you can switch between the Pioneer and Soundcraft sources with the push of a button or turn of a knob.

Coleman LS3 is a small 1 in 3 out passive destination switcher that seems like the perfect product youre looking for, check it out. You could also DIY with a nice Grayhill switch and wire one of the outputs as RCA, which I assume your receiver is looking for?

Back