Pitch shifting of the sound in the pc speaker

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksor

I once had a computer with a small program as an icon in the systray (=the icons left of the time in Windows 7).

When right/left clicking on the icon I could raise/lower the pitch of the sound coming out of the pc speaker with 1 semi tone pr. click - simple and easy interface to use !

I scrapped that computer long ago and I forgot the name of the program.

I've searched out there, but oh, what "machinery" comes up with fancy interfaces and a lot of stuff included.

Do you someone in here have a link to as easy and simple a program doing the pitch shifting without changing tempo - maybe too changing tempo without changing pitch ?

ksor said:
I once had a computer with a small program as an icon in the systray (=the icons left of the time in Windows 7).

When right/left clicking on the icon I could raise/lower the pitch of the sound coming out of the pc speaker with 1 semi tone pr. click - simple and easy interface to use !

I scrapped that computer long ago and I forgot the name of the program.

I've searched out there, but oh, what "machinery" comes up with fancy interfaces and a lot of stuff included.

Do you someone in here have a link to as easy and simple a program doing the pitch shifting without changing tempo - maybe too changing tempo without changing pitch ?

Pitch shifting is easy, it just requires clocking audio data into memory at one sample rate and out at a different rate. The hard part is splicing those no longer continuous in time samples back together.

Sorry I realize this isn't answering your question.

JR

I found a C# programming project for VisualStudio and I'll use that with some few changes.

So just never mind my request.

Back