pk - pk voltage swing...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caps

If I have a gain of , say 12.

If I multiply that by 1.7V, I am assuming my voltage swing will be 20V ??

Those two figures you mentioned give indeed around 20, but I'm not sure what your question really is.

It's more common to multiply a signal by gain than the other way around, but the result is the same of course.

Note that a 20Vpeak-peak signal can not provided by a unbalanced +/-15V-fed circuit (without further tricks).

Hi Clint,

Im just trying to figure out how to calculate the voltage swing for a tube , for a given gain.

[quote author="clintrubber"]...Note that a 20Vpeak-peak signal can not provided by a unbalanced +/-15V-fed circuit (without further tricks)...[/quote]
Why not?
20Vp-p=10Vp=7Vrms=+20dBu.

Regards,
Milan

[quote author="caps"]Hi Clint,

Im just trying to figure out how to calculate the voltage swing for a tube , for a given gain.[/quote]

Cool, that'll fit easily ! :thumb:

[quote author="moamps"][quote author="clintrubber"]...Note that a 20Vpeak-peak signal can not provided by a unbalanced +/-15V-fed circuit (without further tricks)...[/quote]
Why not?
20Vp-p=10Vp=7Vrms=+20dBu.

Regards,
Milan[/quote]

:oops: I was a factor of two off, was for some reason busy thinking about an amplitude of 20V... :oops:

Back