Portable Solar (or not) Battery station recommendations...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iomegaman

GDIY Supporter
Getting ready to take a trip, mostly for pleasure but I want to do some work near the beach (yeah I know)...at any rate my newer MBP M2 is pretty solid as far as battery life...however I would like to take my Apogee Element 24 (or UAD Apollo Twin) to use for perhaps some minor recording or at least to use as DACS for my headphones...these both use wall-warts that require something in the range of 12 volt 1800mA-ish or 18 watt-ish, would only use one at a time (the UAD has most of my 80 plugins on it, so I lean into it a bit)...

Was looking at power stations and then thinking that perhaps one with included Solar might be a neat trick to have around anyway...

But reviews on Amazon have become a swap meet of hot garbage...anything on a "Best of" list seems suspect as well...hard to find solid reviews...not want to toss $400 at this...lets keep it reasonable since its not going to get a lot of use...

Any recommendations...I'm even open to DIY but have never done solar...it can't be that far off from where we dwell, but the rules (other than Ohms law) seem slightly fluid...

thots?

Latest posts

Back