Post with kindness.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Following the link I get:

"Hello, we are currently not providing access or use of our website/mobile application to our users in Europe."

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Following the link I get:

"Hello, we are currently not providing access or use of our website/mobile application to our users in Europe."

Cheers

Ian

Here is the headline

Gujarat Engineer Adhir Saiyadh Claims To Have Got A Response From SpaceX Dragon Crew

maybe you can search it and bring up other sources.....

Wow....that would be pretty cool!

I wish AOL or YT would have that suggestion in their comment section lol

80hinhiding said:
Was anyone here involved in the electronics for SpaceX missions or any other space missions?  I watched quite a bit of the latest mission and even though it was very slow, it was impressive.  Anyone here doing trajectory calculations or familiar with type of components that can last for 8 years roving on Mars, or flying deep into space past the Kuiper Belt?  That amazes me honestly.  Their soldering regime and quality control must be intense.

Adam
The movie "hidden figures" played recently on my sattelite TV.  Good discussion of early space math (and race relations in the 60s).

Back in the late 60s I worked at MITIL (MIT instrumentation lab) on a navy project (deep submergence rescue vehicle). Yes I had to learn mil-spec soldering standards. A friend of a friend at the time worked on Apollo mission inside MITIL.

I was drafted and after my tour of duty MITIL hired me back, but into a different engineering group working on inertial navigation technology (missile guidance systems). I was not enthusiastic about helping aim missiles, so I quickly found a different job in audio electronics. Apparently they managed without me.

JR

My uncle who is semi retired works at the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab. It’s kind of the east Coast JPL.

He said they mostly use older proven technology because reliability is paramount.

They also use as many off the shelf parts as possible although they have advanced machining and electronics fabrication capability.

I remember having a conversation with him in the early 2000’s and he said they were still using 8 bit CPU’s because they knew they worked.

Went from "Post with kindness" to  drunk nukes in short order.  ;D  But seriously, I worry about the fate of humanity.

CJ said:
ever see the magnetic core memory they used in ballistic missiles?  yikes!

i wonder if they still use wire wrap.

I went to school In AZ. And worked nights at the GE computer factory outside of Phoenix.  It was 1969 fall.  They were making the wire wrap core memories.  Amazing.  My Job was to pickup all the cutoff gold wire from buckets and take it to a room to be reclaimed .  First gig in electronics.  Helped with buying books. 

boji said:
Went from "Post with kindness" to  drunk nukes in short order.  ;D  But seriously, I worry about the fate of humanity.

Humanity is doomed in the long run.  The house (Earth) always wins.  Short term, things have been better in the past and things have been worse.  We'll muddle our way through it and hopefully come out the other side wiser and more humane than human.

Back