pot of High Mid gain Avalon urgent needed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony dB

acquired a used Avalon 737sp with all the pots defective.

The kind people at PMS in Germany, repair/parts of Avalon Europe, supplied me with all new pots except the one for the High Mid gain. (not on stock, will be a few weeks before they have them again)
Unfortunately, they don't answer when I ask about the brand and value of the missing pot, so I can't order at RS/Farnell/...

Can someone tell me the value and make of this pot?
I don't ask for the schematic, as it seems easier to win the Euro Millions lottery, than getting your hands on a copy of the schematic. :-\

Many thanks

all pots are that much damaged that it looks as if the carbon (or plastic conductive path) is broken. I'm not sure if measuring will reveal the right value.

the Avalon is already at my place Pucho812, the parts I ordered from PMS are also here, but with no brandname on the housing of them.
And I still don't know what value, type and brand the missing pot is.

the damaged pots are small cubic white ones, with only very small print on them, will check these for their value in a while, when the studio tech comes in.

So, some more research revealed that the pots seem to be made in Mexico by a company (Clarostat) related to Honeywell (owner?) .
The identical types are nowhere to be found (RS, Farnell, Newark, Vishay, Bourns, ...) what lead us to the assumption that they're probably custom made for Avalon.
I shall have to wait untill the nice people at PMS Germany can supply the missing pot (25K detent, audio taper)

Latest posts

Back