Preamp-Build: newbie-questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

100WChris

Hi!
I´m building the Stereo-K13117-Preamp from silent:arts and i have some general question. Stupid question i guess, but i´m not very skilled in electronics (but i´m willing to learn...). ähhh: and sorry for my bad english :-\
1.) I have two in/out-boards from Volker and Phase and Pad are switched by two relays. The PSU has +30V, my relays have 24V. The datasheet says they work up to 36V. can i use them with 30V or is it better to use a resistor to drop the 6V? For my TQ2-24V-Relays I calculated ca. 75R and 0.5W (coil resistance = 2.8K and current = 8,3mA) is that right?
2.) A similar problem: i want to use six LEDS for the switches (pad, phase, 48V). is i better to reduce the 30V with a regulator or can i use the LEDS at 30V with a dropping resistor for each LED?
Thanks for your help!
Chris

100WChris said:
Hi!
I´m building the Stereo-K13117-Preamp from silent:arts and i have some general question. Stupid question i guess, but i´m not very skilled in electronics (but i´m willing to learn...). ähhh: and sorry for my bad english :-\
There are no stupid questions,just stupid answers ;D

100WChris said:
1.) I have two in/out-boards from Volker and Phase and Pad are switched by two relays. The PSU has +30V, my relays have 24V. The datasheet says they work up to 36V. can i use them with 30V or is it better to use a resistor to drop the 6V? For my TQ2-24V-Relays I calculated ca. 75R and 0.5W (coil resistance = 2.8K and current = 8,3mA) is that right?
Looking at the relays specs it should work directly.
But we're lacking of some info here,do you have a schematic of these i/o boards or did you implement the relays on your own?

100WChris said:
2.) A similar problem: i want to use six LEDS for the switches (pad, phase, 48V). is i better to reduce the 30V with a regulator or can i use the LEDS at 30V with a dropping resistor for each LED?

Resistors will do it,look:

http://www.elektronik-kompendium.de/sites/bau/1109111.htm

100WChris said:
Thanks for your help!
Chris
You're welcome,

Udo ;)

http://www.silentarts.de/Techtalk-Laden/MIO_rev01-Doku.pdf

The 30V will be fine for the relays.
Dropping resistors for LEDs are fine (and necessary).

Back