Problem on Tube-Tech CL-1B Vu Meter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blo1017

Hi, guys. i’m using Tube-Tech CL-1B (Maybe 9000 ~ 10000 serials)

There's some problem on VU Meters.

With the VU meter adjusted by 0 point at Compression, there is no problem with the COMP level or output level, but the input level is always measured about -1~2dB less.

I purchased and replaced the VU meter myself, but the same symptoms continue.

So I measured the 3k6 resistor on the PCB Board, and it's about 3k2~3k3. Is there a problem with this resistance that causes this problem?

Thanks!

I would not worry at all about 1-2 dB reading offset on a VU-meter - is there any particular application that makes this a problem for you?

/Jakob E.

I would not worry at all about 1-2 dB reading offset on a VU-meter - is there any particular application that makes this a problem for you?

/Jakob E.
ye.. Honestly, it's not a problem to use, but it feels strangely bad :-(

When I send a 20 dB test tone at DAW (1.228v on multimeter, sine)(and CL1B Gain is 0dB), the input level points to -1 to 2 dB, the Comp level points to 0 dB, and the Output level points to about 0.5 dB.

the input level points to -1 to 2 dB
I might be completely wrong but maybe this level drop is caused by the DAW output impedance vs the vu meter optimal load impedance ?

Out of curiosity, with the meter on input mode and a fixed sine tone on the input, if you vary the gain control from min to max is there any change on the vu meter reading ?

the Output level points to about 0.5 dB.
I would consider 0.5dB acceptable for unity gain, but if you are really concerned you could loosen the gain potentiometer and center it further

Don't forget these are musical devices and not scientific measurement equipment

Back