Props to JR for his work here

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capacitor

Just saying thanks to @JohnRoberts (edit: and no less importantly @abbey road d enfer @Ethan @gyraf and @Soundwaves) for all the mod/admin work. I know that sometimes it sucks, and sometimes you don't get enough thanks.

Thank you very much for how you have quickly and properly dealt with those less than optimal situations :)

Last edited:
Hands up for grumpy John, thanks, man!
If the shoe fits.. :unsure:? I half joke that Abbey is the kinder-gentler mod.. but we all do what is needed when it is needed. I have been a little hardened by years of hand to hand combat with spammers and trolls (not just here).

Some good news is that the new improved forum software catches multiple known spammers attempting to sign up membership every day. They get "cleaned" but just like in nature they are constantly evolving, and keep trying.

JR

If the shoe fits.. :unsure:? I half joke that Abbey is the kinder-gentler mod.. but we all do what is needed when it is needed. I have been a little hardened by years of hand to hand combat with spammers and trolls (not just here).

Some good news is that the new improved forum software catches multiple known spammers attempting to sign up membership every day. They get "cleaned" but just like in nature they are constantly evolving, and keep trying.

JR
Long time ago, I got to admin a forum. The spammers are insane, I used to get tons of those every day. They are a bigger problem than what people may think.

Yeah, I've put my time in as well in the distant past :) Back then we had more primitive and less accurate tools.

Fwiw, I'm very impressed with XenForo (which is what this forum uses) in terms of both speed and ease of use as a user.

I totally didn't mean to ignore the efforts of @abbey road d enfer, @Ethan, @gyraf and @Soundwaves , and many thanks to all, for keeping things from becoming

Last edited:
Seems like he poofed off back on his toxic powered spaceship to another part of the internet ,
Douchebots like that only need encouragement,' DO NOT ENGAGE'

Keep up the good work guys!
Its a dirty job ,but someones gotta do it .

Best lighthearted war movie ever Kellys'.

Buffalo soldiers (2001) tells the story of US troops stationed in Germany in the late 80's ,
its funny ,but not ha ha funny , well worth a watch though . Amoured division were gonzo'd on the hard tack .

Just wanted to add ,
I'll gladly lend a hand and give these ASS'es(Aggrieved Shit Stirrers) a good verbal booting up the hole on the way out the door .

Theres no sence in sending these muck savages back out into the online world without at least trying to learning them a lesson , sometimes you have to be crude to be kind ,

Bit early for the workingmans pint a while ,
we have the cups of tea though ,
Cheers

Last edited:
I fear that once they they start using the latest AI (APIs and plugins are being deployed now) the only viable choices might be to let no new members sign up or close the place down... We're on the cusp of a mind-boggling technical revolution...

Buffalo soldiers (2001) tells the story of US troops stationed in Germany in the late 80's ,
its funny ,but not ha ha funny , well worth a watch though . Amoured division were gonzo'd on the hard tack .
I spent some time in Germany with the green machine (olive drab green), in the early 70s. There was plenty of armor (tanks and APCs) down in Grafenwehr, during NATO maneuvers. A handful of soldiers died during the peaceful maneuvers.

JR

I ran into a guy in the pub before , around my own age
He was local but he spent his life working in the US army ,
He said they had manuvres in the desert every few years ,
There was often a few tens of people met their end .

Sometimes its the guys on your own team you need to be worried about , thats an old saying in politics here .

Government is looking a bit shakey here just now ,
Ivana Bacik is seeking a new mandate from the people under the labour party
to try and gather up some of the voters who are undecided about Sinn Fein .
She will also take away even more votes from the people in power now ,
I have to say I like her a lot ,
She has my vote in the next election and I think the sooner that comes the better ,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back