PSU for a couple for Neumann and Telefunken modules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backstreets

Hi and thanks for a great forum! (First post here though I've been reading around for quite a while).

I'm in the process of building a small rack of vintage german broadcast modules. The following will be racked:

INPUT ->
W689 Telefunken M/S (Encoding)
W492 Neumann EQ
W492 Neumann EQ
W689 Telefunken M/S (Decoding)
W495 Neumann Stereo EQ
W444 Neumann Active Stereo Fader
OUTPUT ->

I've already got the connectors needed for the modules and the two W492s are on their way as I write. I was thinking about powering the rack with the TREX2 kits from JLM Audio. http://www.jlmaudio.com/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=15

How many would I need for my rack?

I know how to solder and to some extent understand schematics (having restored a Studer B67 and recapped a couple of different audio units and Neumann tube mic PSU's etc.) but I still feel it's better to ask before doing something wrong or ordering too few or too many when trying to keep the costs down.

So, if I've understood this correctly one TREX2 would supply 2x24V, in other words enough for two modules. Meaning that I'd need three of them in total to power my rack of six modules:

TREX2: 2xW492
TREX2: 2x W689
TREX2: 1x W495STB 1xW444STB

If this is correct, can I connect all three TREX2 to the same power socket? Getting away with only one power cable to the wall would be nice and tidy :)

Thanks in advance for help!
Ludvig
www.backstreetsmastering.com

850mA all together.
you could use one or two POSPSU.

however, keep in mind for your W444 output:
must be used to an balanced input.
or use two additional 1:1 transformers.

Latest posts

Back