Push-To-Talk-Box Schematic *Please have a look!*

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Andy, I just realized I never responded to your question regarding phantom power. How rude of me.
I wanted the phantom power mainly for flexibility, so I can swap the mic to a condenser if necessary.

I totally admit the SM58-solution is definitely the most effective and simple solution.

For the moment, the PTT box project is a bit over my head. I will gain some experience in a number of simpler projects, and then come back at a later point.

However I really want to thank all of you, I have learned so much from your responses, and it helped me to reflect my layout critically! I'm very very thankful for the time you have dedicated!!!  :)

Check also this circuit, it's for Mute only, but it works nicely with Condenser or dynamic mics.
Maybe it does what you need and it's really simple, you need to use a Mic input on the 01V though

Attachments

• popless.gif
    popless.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 44
Whoops said:
Check also this circuit, it's for Mute only, but it works nicely with Condenser or dynamic mics.
Maybe it does what you need and it's really simple, you need to use a Mic input on the 01V though

I'd like to put together a simple passive box just like this (XLR i/o and with momentary push button switch) but for dynamic mics only. I've googled some but with no success. So is the way to go or could I make it even simpler? I'd need it to not produce clicks/pops when pushing the button. Grateful for advice!

Unit7 said:
I'd like to put together a simple passive box just like this (XLR i/o and with momentary push button switch) but for dynamic mics only. I've googled some but with no success. So is the way to go or could I make it even simpler? I'd need it to not produce clicks/pops when pushing the button. Grateful for advice!

Use the circuit I posted, it works great with Dynamic mics or phantom power mics, you just need a momentary switch and you're done, simple enough

Whoops said:
Use the circuit I posted, it works great with Dynamic mics or phantom power mics, you just need a momentary switch and you're done, simple enough

Thanks!
I'd be grateful for some directions on the caps, especially the 1000µF. What type etc?

Unit7 said:
Thanks!
I'd be grateful for some directions on the caps, especially the 1000µF. What type etc?

Go to google, and write "1000uf capacitor", next click in "images"
You will see then that there's only pictures of one type of capacitor for that value.
You will realize that you don't need any directions and that the circuit is simple enough

Whoops said:
Go to google, and write "1000uf capacitor", next click in "images"
You will see then that there's only pictures of one type of capacitor for that value.
You will realize that you don't need any directions and that the circuit is simple enough

Thanks again! I actually searched quite a lot before asking and only found electrolytics. Didn't get it, as the schematic don't show any +/-, until, after you posted, I remembered there are unpolarized electrolytics. Sure, it's a simple enough schematic. Looking forward to put it together :)

I see what you mean on the Polarization of the 1000uf capacitor.
Yes for that value you will need to use a non-polarized electrolytic but you can make that with two 470 uF polarized capacitors in parallel, wired in opposite polarity.

check this link for a description of the circuit, hope this helps:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120510065956/http://www.crownaudio.com/mic_web/popless.htm

Latest posts

Back