Question about Alctron MK47 body

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trans4funks1

I'm wondering if anyone has disassembled one of the Alctron MK47 bodies to the extent that it may be possible to determine if there is adequate material at the base to turn it on a metal lathe, similarly to how Oliver Archut did with his TLM49 to M49 conversions, so that you can bolt a Binder 7 pin chassis connector onto it.

TLMmo5.jpg

I built some power supplies with plans to match the Equinox EQu47 bodies, but availability of those bodies has expired.

Now, I am interested in persisting with Binder connectors, because I already have them, and also because I have grown fond of the idea of using a robust connector rather than a XLR.

I have access to a metal lathe, and I'm wondering if the Alctron MK47 could be a solution for my hopes of assembling 3 or 4 mics that are nearly matched in component selection.

This is the base of the Alctron MK47. I actually have two of these mics which I purchased to use as donors, but I never disassembled them enough to inspect the base because I got distracted with using the mics as is. :)

p1396522752-4.jpg

Latest posts

Back