Racking RTF W734b Equalizer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilan

Hi, I have four RTF W734b units that I would like to rack and I don't really sure how to wire those units.
I found a schematic for the W734a and there are two different wiring diagrams as you can see at the attached file.
From my experience with a W735 EQ I remember that only -24V was required for it to operate, but here I'm really confused.
Which diagram is the correct one?
W734a.jpg

Attachments

• W734a.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 2
As i understand it, the left is the pin out for the male connector which is on the unit. And the right one is the pin out for the female connector which you have to make yourself.
At least the German words correspond to that.

Thank you Murdock, I'm still confused about it.
On the right diagram there is +24V at pin b13 while on the left diagram and on the schematic itself pin b13, together with pins a5, b2, a2, a6, b11, a11, b12 and a13 are all grounded.
Can I make the W734b work with only -24V supply rail / what am I missing here?

These RFZ modules run on negative supply voltage. So 4a is the -24v supply pin and 13b is the “0v” reference (which they name +24v) of the power supply. As you noticed in the module there are several pins connected like 13a which is the chassis/shield ground. Like I said, I would wire your female connector according to the right pin out.

Latest posts

Back