RAM Audio: "RAM Mega" - Looking for (service-)manu

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ve the same mixer, ram mega 2408, and I m ing to find some more info. eq are 4, all semiperametric,. I need to fix it for some buzz problems, and electrc scheme should be usefull, and also if someone know where buy the part that need to be replaced.... many. thanks to all
[email protected]

RAM was registered in July 1983 and probably dissolved some years later. There was a connection to Starsound Dynamix (Atlantex). The mixers were distributed by "Audio -Music Marketing".

That is incorrect. There is no "Q"-adjust therefore the two mid-controls are so-called SEMI-parametric EQ's (or sweep EQ's). Bass and Treble control don't even have a frequency adjust knob - they are built like a graphic EQ (bass with a gyrator). So nothing really special about that.

What is uncommon and can not be found on the el cheapo consoles of that time are sweepable lowpass- and highpass-filters on each channel which are located on a dual concentric pot below the bass and treble control. This can become confusing because people who can't or won't read may believe that the knobs is for the frequency adjustment of the Bass/Treble control. These dual concentric potentiometers (used everywhere except the Pan-pot) can become a problem in servicing

There were also some odd "features" like Mic Input and Line Input were mixed together on each channel and if you used the Line-Input and played a tape the tape signal was audible because one couldn't switch off the tape input when using the Line Input.

There was a buffer after the fader which could have been made as a fadeer recovery amp (+ 10dB) with two additional resistors/channel with the benefit that AUX Pre and Post have the same level and there is less summing noise. Unfortunately the two resistors/channel were not invested.

Back