RCA BA103a racked with remote (pic's)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moby

www.mobytransformers.com BV.8, Bv.11, Bv.12, T14/1
GDIY Supporter
I finally racked these two guys. They were laying around for some time  :-[ I added one more class A buffer stage with API output tx  remote gain and trim controls because I need all gain controls near my desk, phase, pad and p48. It started like the quick design but ended with the full box ;)

top1.jpg

top2.jpg

inside-f.jpg

melcor.jpg

inside1.jpg

psu.jpg

front1.jpg

front2.jpg

front3.jpg

front4.jpg

remote.jpg

From the remote, I'm guessing you kept the original gain method on the 1st op amp, and added a trim with the new output stage? 

Looks great. 

emrr said:
From the remote, I'm guessing you kept the original gain method on the 1st op amp, and added a trim with the new output stage? 

Looks great.
Thanks, yes, RCA's gain structure (with few more gain points) but switch is replaced with relays. The trim is simple attenuator between two stages.
Posted by: Rochey
« on: Today at 05:51:20 AM » Insert Quote
whats the remote protocol?
Nothing fancy, purely passive thing with remote DC voltage controlled from the switch box. I was thinking about other (digital controlled ) option but since I'm not experienced with programming finally decided to go this way. Btw, I learned few things during this design. For example, that relay coil voltage must be super clean because if it's not, it reflects 50hz over the signal contacts. ;)

Latest posts

Back