2 Channel Reamp Box

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hereforever

Sharing this studio tool I recently built, a two channel reamp device with instrument/mic preamps built in.
  • Balanced line level TRS i/o on the rear
  • 'Trim' adjusts the level sent to the unbalanced instrument level output on the front
  • Unbalanced input jack on the front of the unit is meant for instrument level signal
  • The 'mic in' switch changes this input to the XLR jack
  • 'Level' adjusts the gain to bring the instrument or mic input back up to line level to the rear outputs
I used "off the shelf" components I had laying around to put this together:
  • 2x DIYRE L2A kits I had built a few years ago, removed from their enclosures
  • 2x Jensen DB-E transformers
  • 2x RTS 1400 mic preamp cards, caps replaced for same value but rated for higher voltage since these were designed for +/- 9V originally
  • Meanwell +/- 15V SMPS
The panel I had made at Front Panel Express.
It was pretty quick an inxpensive to put together and sounds great.

It's handy for having an all in one tool for sending tracks from the DAW out to stompboxes or reamping guitar or bass.
Alternatively it can be used as a standalone 2 channel DI/mic preamp (no phantom power or pad though)

The RTS 1400 preamps are really decent preamps for the money, like an API 312 designed around a 5534. They have switchable limiters built in, too, which I have currently disabled but may end up wiring back in with an internal jumper switch later.

PXL_20221112_015138094.jpg

PXL_20221111_220132779.jpg

Latest posts

Back