• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

RCA BC-3 Console Preamps x 4 w/ all OEM Iron + 1ch Gates + MASSIVE iron + output

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToobieSnack

Ok , this pains me to my very core but .. i must part with this project. :(
I have bought and sold a lot of vintage gear  but this was one project i held on to with my last  breath .. lol ..
well not literally .. but ..  ::)
I have Honda CRX GSR Engine swap project that's gonna cost me more than i planned .
so .. gotta sell my beloved :(
** you can see photos of that too at my Flickr site **

I do have an ebay acct  ..
but i thought i'd post this here first .. for my old DIY HoMiEs :)
( I know  some of you are fainting as your reading this, since i haven't logged in in so long  .. yep , i'm still alive .. )
anyways .. here we go ..
You can see a slideshow here:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/jeffwilliamsusa/P2d3TN

100_7778 by Jeff Williams, on Flickr

GatesGR91back1 by Jeff Williams, on Flickr

I have for your audio pleasure ..
4 channels of RCA BC-3 Console preamps.
  * i personally pulled these preamps from the console myself .. and i may still have access to the console case .. * stored *
It's basically an entire BC-3 console compacted down into a lunchbox.
You don't have to keep it this way , ;) .. you can put each channel into the enclosure of your choice ..
eg: 2 channels in a 2 space rackmount enclosure .. etc ..

Every single transformer and circuit board is here.
EVEN the original mounting frame for the circuit boards .. ( although i cut it to fit inside the lunchbox )
as you can see in the photos , the tubes do fit inside the lunchbox and i planned on mounting the output trafos externally on the back on a vented plate with some small fans for cooling .. .. that was the plan anyways ..

The Gates lunchbox also included the OEM gates tube preamp channel.

In addition to all the input channels, there is also a single output channel. 
pretty sure that's self-contained and has it's own power supply and the 2 extra trafos pictured go with the preamp
( or maybe one of them is for regular output and the other is for phone lines , can't remember )

NOT PICTURED : is also a power supply section. the aluminum frame has a section cut out of it .
I guess someone repaired the console and removed the OEM power supply and had to cut that frame because this Thoradson MASSIVE trafo was so very HUGE .. lol
i'm tellin ya .. this thing has EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE TAP you would EVER want from a tube power supply ..
I'll try to get a better pic of the taps but just imagine everything .. and it's there .. haha
anyways .. it's an awesome power supply.

So .. in summary
You get:
5 total preamp channels 4/RCA 1/Gates w/ 8 trafos ,4xinput 4xoutput
    ( and i cant remember the numbers on the trafos but they are highly sought after UTC & RCA , the best of the best iron )
    ( ill try to get some i/o trafo photos added to the slideshow link posted at the top of this thread. , along with the trafo taps )
4 Daven Stepped attenuators
1 output channel
1 Lunchbox enclosure
1 MASSIVE TRAFO for power supply

ALL Vintage OEM with the exception of the power supply trafo.
As i mentioned .. it's a BC-3 console / compacted .. ;)
$2500 .. plus shipping
which is a REAL BARGAIN .. i'm selling it at a loss .. that's $500 a channel plus a bunch of freebies ..
and .. who else is selling a vintage BC-3 console ? ... just me ;)
Please contact me through my gmail
[email protected]
thanks .. ToobieSnack

Btw, I have done many large transactions like this before.
For added security and customer confidence, this is how I usually do things.

The buyer can choose any pack and ship service as a third party verification.

For example, mailboxes etc or UPS package ship or FedEx package ship

The buyer will then send his payment to his packing and shipping service of his choice, and the packing service will retain payment until the customer is satisfied that the proper items are being packed and shipped.

I would then take the items to the packing and shipping service, take live photos and video, and relay those to the buyer.

At that time the buyer will instruct the packing and shipping service to remit payment and I will drop off the items to be packed and shipped to the packing and shipping service.

The additional benefits of this method are, that the buyer has all the insurance and shipping paperwork in his possession should any damage occur as a result of negligence of the shipper.

In the past, I have shipped many items, and research the best way to do it. I found this to be the best way. Of course I'm always open to suggestions

My email send alerts directly to my cell phone, feel free to ask questions. I'll respond quickly

thanks,
ToobieSnack aka Jeff Williams

BTW: if your interested, PM me , i'll get a notification on my android phone,
I can mssg you w my ebay sales history , you'll see many vintage items over $1,000.00
My daughter and i shared this account but now she's in college and i'm "phasing" myself out of that account.
I have my own ebay account but i've kinda never used it , my music started taking off and i didn't need to sell on ebay any more. :)
I also have plans for that ebay account to focus on my music and related fan items etc ..
I won't have time for DIY, and it's time to liquidate and re-focus.

ALSO: when i get time , :sighs: i have a LOT of "little" smalls that will be "low cost" .. from $10 - $50
I just need to un-pack them and photo them. when i get time ..  ::) probably be next week or two for the smalls.
anyways ... I have this Honda CRX project that i really want done , i'm probably pretty flexible on my price , (within reason )
Shoot me an offer .. i might just accept it :)

Latest posts

Back