Really?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ian this is your chance to start that fusion project. You can trade secrets and show him how to build a tube console! ;D

i bet that dude has a DIY tube console stashed in that basement somewhere,

i wonder if he ever made LSD?  triple filtered like Owsley,  ;D

Oh that guy made LSD! I'm rooting for him.... but doesn't it take mile long tunnels and nitrogen cooled super magnets to get particles to collide with enough force for fusion?

The surplus store I used to work at had equipment (chamber)  like that from JPL and Boeing throwaway. Impressive looking but there's just no way... There was the time everyone was coming in to buy thick copper planks to make hydrogen fuel cells for they're cars. But basically they were just squirting water into the fuel mix. Cars ran like crap but hey they were "saving $5 on a tank of gas!"
Then there was the above unity motor craze. A lot of the same guys were buying up all the surplus hard drives for the neodymium magnets. I kept begging them to show me a motor running with no power. Many said they were doing it but never any proof. Guess the government got to them... Oh and the guy who bought all the germanium diodes he could find! not for guitar pedals but to make a "diode panel" apparently radio waves can knock a couple electrons loose from the NP junction. So in his mind, 1000's of them on a piece of plywood was gonna power something!

I'm a big DIY guy but there's a limit...

Hi Ruairi,
What I was refering to was the principle of re-using and recycling stuff where ever possible ,we've become very very wasteful of resources these days ,and there is a cost associated ,of course its all carefully concealed behind flashy advertising and blurb .The electronics industry is maybe one of the worst in this respect , stuff doesnt even have to be broken nowadays before it hits the scrap heap , the fact that its been replaced with a newer model is enough of a reason to dump it .

That guy in the video definately looks like he tried a few hits of acid along the way. I used know an old blues shouter guy  ,he and a couple of  mates ,legend has it ,cooked up a batch of acid . All three of them ended up in bad shape ,frazzled from it.There all six feet under now .Theres some great tales in Rock Sculleys book on the Gratefull Dead.Apparently at one stage Owsley set the band up in a house in L.A. they had a special machine in the attic clunking away stamping out tabs of orange sunshine ,the band would rehearse 12 hours a day to disguise the sound of the machine . The whole house was covered in a film of lsd dust ,anyone  who ventured in ended up tripping off their tits .

Tubetec said:
Hi Ruairi,
What I was refering to was the principle of re-using and recycling stuff where ever possible ,we've become very very wasteful of resources these days ,and there is a cost associated ,of course its all carefully concealed behind flashy advertising and blurb .The electronics industry is maybe one of the worst in this respect , stuff doesnt even have to be broken nowadays before it hits the scrap heap , the fact that its been replaced with a newer model is enough of a reason to dump it .

Ah! Well then I very much agree.  I make a game of fixing things with my kids, the 6 year old can solder and this week she learned how to use the hot glue gun.  I really want to build that sense of reward that comes from fixing something, and not from buying new and shiny.

BTW we must P.M.  I'm sure we know lots of the same people, I've been in L.A. for 6 years now but before that lived in Killarney my whole life and did lots of work in Cork.

Yeah Im fairly certain we know a few of the same people alright,small pond big fish as an American buddy of mine used describe Cork .
I remember as a wee lad being shown how to straighten a bent used  nail ,you may laugh,I know a nail costs next to nothing ,but really its the principle that counts.

Im away off out for a few Saturday night pints now ,and maybe theres a band chunking out a few tunes too , but do stay in touch and we'll have a chew off the rancid fat that the music and recording scene here has become .

I coulda ,shoulda, woulda moved to a big metropolis and got stuck into recording ,but I guess Im small town at heart.
Cheers again ,

I dunno about nuclear fusion, but he does seem a lot more intelligent than I was expecting...

Tubetec said:
I remember as a wee lad being shown how to straighten a bent used  nail ,you may laugh,I know a nail costs next to nothing ,but really its the principle that counts.

That was very much how I grew up...  + we were pretty far out in the country, so it was a long drive to the hardware store.  I still save all kinds of screws, and extra hardware that comes with anything I buy... 

Latest posts

Back