Reaper launches linux versions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

Several new linux versions of Reaper have been made available from the website , even one that runs on Arm/Rasberry pi
Im just trying to figure out the best Distro to try and run it off on the pc ,
Id love to be able to assemble my own OS from scratch ,but I wouldnt know where to start , Avlinux Ive tried before , KXstudio doesnt have a distribution anymore , its more a collection of software tools that run on other versions of linux . Any advice welcome .

Thanks Ric ,
Ubuntu seems to be the one people are moving to alright , I did try it out a number of years ago and remember being quite impressed , its all kept upto date too ,where many of the older audio distros are becoming fiddley .

Tubetec, do you use Reaper? I'm assuming everyone has used pro tools. Do you like it better? I'm a pro tools guy but I've downloaded the demo of Reaper many times to learn it but it never sticks. I've just heard so many wonderful things about it. But I feel lost when I start to fiddle with it and give up. Like going from roller skates to ice skates ;D

Hi Blue,
No, never used PT  :D

Standalone recorders mostly ,
I do use Reaper for general playback on computers though ,
I felt quite at home with Reaper from day one ,
first job is to select your audio interface , options/preferences  ,asio ,
once the interface is paired up , double click  the empty space above the master fader , an input  channel appears , select the correct input from your soundcard ,hit record arm ,adjust levels , hit record , its really that simple .
I guess in the same way your completely at home with PT ,Im intimidated by it , seems gargantuan ,and with all the options I dont know where to begin or end with it.   

Latest posts

Back